Have changed my status at the dentist to green.
I love this, my dentist recommended it and i am so pleased to have bought it. It really does make your teeth feel cleaned. I would highly recommend this.
I had one of the earlier versions of this which worked pretty well but was a bit unreliable and also the fluid tank was way too small. This newer version seems much better and with a bigger fluid reservoir too. My dentist has switched me from 6 monthly to 9 monthly checkups following me starting using this device regularly.
I cleaned my teeth, flossed as normal and then used this – omg it shifted more food from between my teeth.
- A very unusual sensation.
- Much better than first version.bigger fluid reservoir and works even better!!!
- Water-jet flosser
Philips Sonicare HX8331/51 AirFloss Ultra Nozzle
- Performance-optimised nozzle for even more air micro droplets. Adjustable up to triple shoot: up to 3 consecutive sprays per button press.
- Removes up to 99.9% plaque in treated areas
- As effective as dental floss for healthy gums (clinically proven)
- More capacity with large loading flap, easier to fill, more applications per filling
- Box contents: 1x AirFloss Ultra Handpiece, 1x AirFloss Ultra nozzle, 1x charger, 1x Listerine TotalCare 95ml
Cleans great, definitely best used with mouthwash rather than water. Remember to close lips when using to avoid splatter all over your mirror. May seem like a gimmick but it really does work.
Appears to work well better than flossing as it’s easier and simpler. I chose this in preference to using floss as it looks to be simpler and quicker and worried that flossing might dislodge my fillings. Quite costly for what it is but should last with careful use. Appears to last for several weeks between a full charge which then a few hours. It’s two pin so you need to buy a 3 pin adaptor as well for an extra few pounds. I am using it with a mouthwash (neat) but water or diluted mouthwash will do ok i am sure. All in all worth getting particularly if you have fillings and/or little space between your teeth which makes traditional flossing a chore.
Needs a bit of practice to get used to it. I’ve not had it long enough to mention the reliability.